Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:41 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

it's the difference between a team and a group of talented individuals, i guess. also, Belgium topped qualification but for the most part it's fairly weak opposition.

that said, while they will almost definitely not be world champions, they will be an exciting team to watch over the next 4 years.

Post subject: Re: The Football thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:02 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:48 pm 
Einherjar

Oh Robben :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:42 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

No World Cup posts? Plenty to discuss.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 pm 
I live with my parents!

It's been a hell of a world cup so far. Being from Iran, they played horrendously bad today which is quite embarrassing since they are after all the champions of Asian football. On the other hand, Germany played extremely well with four goals against Portugal. I think Germany and the Netherlands are two well fit contenders to be seen in the quarter finals and could be the two teams in the final match. Brazil and Argentina did not seem to been as strong as their reputation builds them to be. Not as great as it was expected of them as giants of South American football.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:46 am 

it's being an excellent world cup so far. Brazil isn't looking that strong but i'd still have them as favourites to win it in the end. Argentina depends on the draws they get, their defence is average at best, but their attack is devastating.

Portugal played an awful match against Germany and i'm frankly embarrassed by Pepe's behaviour. i can't stand this fucking team. they haven't made a competition without going to playoffs since 2004 (when they qualified automatically as hosts) and the team is filled with would-be stars like Raúl Meireles, Bruno Alves, Hugo Almeida, Miguel Veloso and others who ply their trade in the turkish and eastern european leagues with the help of super-agent Jorge Mendes (the guy who also manages Ronaldo, Mourinho and Fábio Coentrão) because they're too shit to play anywhere else. they spend more time taking care of their haircuts and fancy beards than actually playing football and it shows.

excellent game from Germany. Brazil and Germany are my favourites to win it. Netherlands will probably choke at some point, regardless of how strong they are looking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:40 am 
I live with my parents!

Not quite sure if the Netherlands will choke at some point. I have to see another game to see their performance and to see how consistent they are. What do you think of Spain? I am not a fan of them but they have disappointed many fans and are no where close to standards they set for themselves in the last world cup.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:43 am 
Einherjar

USA wins 2-1 in a nail-biter over Ghana. An ugly victory, but still a victory. Ball possession and an Altidore hamstring strain are troubling issues moving forward against the big boys. I'm hoping that our team can at least be competitive in the next game against the Portuguese.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:02 am 

2002 was bad enough... we have to beat the US.

historically, the Netherlands always choke. they've lost 3 finals and a bunch of semis too. poor guys. and it wouldn't be the first time they unexpectedly crushed an opponent only to bungle it later in the competition.

Spain i think has a mix of ageing stars and opponents finally wisening up to their tactics. in 2010 Paraguay (of all the teams) had Spain worried, in 2011 Portugal fucked them 4-0 (in a friendly, but still), and in Euro 2012 we almost beat them and only got eliminated after a penalty shootout.

Spain are incredible and have massive talent, especially in attack and midfield, where they are spoilt for choice, but their defence is shaky and Casillas seems to be suffering from a crisis of confidence. not a team to be written out, of course, but not a team to be as feared as they were in 2010.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:23 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Missed the Spain/Holland game, was originally looking for Spain to win. England will violently crash out any day now, that Italian match showed us up although we did better than I expected. Hopefully if nothing else the focus on Rooney as a star will be finally gone - always thought he was overrated. Germany probably team of the moment, although didn't think Argentina were as poor as people seemed to think - a few more goals like that from Messi(ah) all that's needed. Someone pls get the Hondurans to calm it, they've been ridiculously violent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:03 pm 
I live with my parents!

I liked how England played. Looking forward to their next match. And yes, Rooney is overrated.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:38 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

What the fuck is up with Spain? Losing two nil to Chile at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:50 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:

Thus Holy Terror's absence is explained. :lol:

Shouldn't the fact that Australia almost came back on the Dutch raise major questions about the Netherlands going forward? I mean Australia isn't that good, right? Azrael was hinting at that before this match.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:04 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I haven't seen Netherlands yet, but fully prepared for a great game Monday as they play Chile. Bets are completely off for that one -loser plays Brazil I think.

Spain are out, which isn't really a shock result considering defending champions seem to go out early as a rule, but that Spanish team were mighty not so long ago. Incredibly entertaining World Cup so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:13 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:47 pm 
I live with my parents!

Spain out, Chile in. Indeed an incredible world cup. The Aussies played very well. I am not convinced that Argentina will be seen in the last four. Their Saturday game against Iran will show. Looking forward to Germany's game. The world cup has occupied quite bit of my time which is great considering I was absolutely bored in the house.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:52 am 

North From Here wrote:
Goat wrote:

Thus Holy Terror's absence is explained. :lol:

Shouldn't the fact that Australia almost came back on the Dutch raise major questions about the Netherlands going forward? I mean Australia isn't that good, right? Azrael was hinting at that before this match.

haha, was just about to mention our favourite "adepto de ocasião" (loosely translated, "opportunistic supporter"). and here's another reminder of why i'm not a betting man :lol: it's one thing to cast doubt, another to truly bet against. it would take a very ballsy gambler to bet on Chile!

end of an era for Spain, i guess, but it wouldn't shock me if they rose to another period of great strength (although not dominance) right in the next tournament. Spain is full of young talent and Spanish clubs strongly support its development, unlike, say, Portuguese teams. more importantly, tiki-taka (at least as it is now), i would say its day is over. think it'll be Xavi's last game for Spain on day 3 vs. Australia.

Netherlands shaky. the first Aussie goal was awesome, i think the best one so far, even better than Van Persie's header on day 1. it'll be a fine match against Chile. would rather not make a prediction though!

Portugal/USA is on sunday, so finally i'll get to watch a whole match for my team. why on earth did they have Portugal and Germany play in northern Brazil (land of eternal, suffocating summer) at 1pm on a weekday?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:32 pm 
Ist Krieg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:39 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Fair play, England were dreadful. Nice to be able to support a team who actually plays well now. Bring on Chile v Netherlands.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:33 pm 
Ist Krieg

so this is at least twice as exciting as any other soccer i've watched. maybe i'm getting better at watching soccer? sup

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174  Next