Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174   
 Post subject: Re: The Football thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:43 pm 
Einherjar

"This won't be the first time thousands of Germans will have to lie low in Brazil for awhile for their own safety."

LOL One of the funniest quips I've heard from Gervais in quite some time.

Last edited by Thrash til' Deth on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:29 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

EDIT: the argentinian media was as merciless as germay's team :lol:

(hexa = the sixth, as brazil have been chasing their sixth world cup since 2002)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:10 am 
Einherjar

The World Cup final is set with Germany facing Argentina on Sunday. Who ya' got?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:55 am 
Metal King

Germany FTW ! C'mon, they gave use Destruction, Sodom, Kreator and many more :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:51 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Yeah, expecting the will to triumph. German defenders should be able to keep Messi locked down enough to let their attack sink the Argies. Should be a good game though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
Yeah, expecting the will to triumph. German defenders should be able to keep Messi locked down enough to let their attack sink the Argies. Should be a good game though.

It will be closer than Ger-Brazil, and hopefully not go to PKs like the other semifinal.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:25 pm 

Germany to win the final. i mean Messi can totally invent something and win it for his country, but if i had to name a winner it has to be Germany.

the third place match is hard to predict. both teams were totally devastated after their semis. they're right, we should do away with the 3rd place match. i bet it's the last year they do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:13 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

GERMANY! What a goal. What a team. What a victory. Schweinsteiger is the frigging terminator. Angela Merkel is adorable.

(I love Messi, but he really wasn't the player of the tournament. )

What a world cup that was. Amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:55 pm 
I live with my parents!

Indeed. A fantastic world cup. I agree. Messi didn't deserve to get the golden ball. It was a month well spent watching the matches.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 am 
Ist Krieg

Never was really an avid soccer fan but that was a fun game to watch! Congrats to Germany!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:34 am 

yay Germany! German football deserves this win. they've worked incredibly hard at every level and it's finally paid off.

the German team itself is a fine example, no superstars and major contributions are expected from every player. such a stereotype of the country though, lol. zero flashiness, extreme efficiency, perfect organisation, and picking up this win like it's routine. they'll probably be back at training tomorrow :P

Messi getting the best player award is ridiculous. it's like FIFA couldn't bear the thought of someone other than him or fucking Neymar getting it. then come ballon d'or time he'll be one of the favourites as usual, even though he played a shitty final 6 months of the regular season and a crappy world cuip (by his standards, obviously), because after all, he did win the best player award at the World Cup!

and fucking Neymar, will people stop putting him on a fucking pedestal already. he's nowhere near as good as Messi or Ronaldo, and i wouldn't even consider him as influential as Suarez, Ozil, Di Maria or Ibrahimovic. he's very talented and he is (and will be for a long time) an elite player, but for crying out loud. i know it sucks for Brazilians to have Romário, then Ronaldo, then Rivaldo, then Ronaldinho, then Kaka and now nothing, but yes it's true, for the first time in who knows how long, there isn't a brazilian among the world's very best players, tough shit! guess it sucks even more when the two biggest stars are from Argentina (hated rivals) and Portugal (friendly former colonial masters rivals) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:03 pm 
Metal King

Oh yeah ! Germany definitely deserved to win. Pity I fell asleep during the second half of extra time and missed the goal being scored live. :sad:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:03 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Argentina, eh?

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:12 pm 
Einherjar

Goat wrote:
Argentina, eh?

:lol:

Croatia smoked them. Messi's body language said everything. This current team just doesn't have the chemistry of past Argentine squads, especially with the lack of much needed warm-up matches. That said, they still have a shot at the knock out round if they can get threw Nigeria. Sadly, Messi will likely retire without the one prize that has eluded him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174