Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:19 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 544  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:42 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

zadsterboombox wrote:
@Rio: "Team America" didn't make fun of all possible targets. What about the actors on Bush's side, Chuck Norris and co, and Bruce Willis phoning the White House to join the army? Surely great material, and yet... bleh.

True. But I suppose what I meant was, although they don't get every target available to them, at least they are prepared to find fault in both the pro-war AND anti-war movements. Bush etc is obviously an easy target, but it was less predictable that they also had a go at Michael Moore, Sean Penn etc.

Obviously I myself would be inclined to sympathise with Moore ahead of Bush, but I thought it was cool of them to point out the flaws in his arguments as well. (Albeit it in quite a crude way but clearly that's only to be expected).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:54 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

rio wrote:
zadsterboombox wrote:
@Rio: "Team America" didn't make fun of all possible targets. What about the actors on Bush's side, Chuck Norris and co, and Bruce Willis phoning the White House to join the army? Surely great material, and yet... bleh.

True. But I suppose what I meant was, although they don't get every target available to them, at least they are prepared to find fault in both the pro-war AND anti-war movements. Bush etc is obviously an easy target, but it was less predictable that they also had a go at Michael Moore, Sean Penn etc.

Obviously I myself would be inclined to sympathise with Moore ahead of Bush, but I thought it was cool of them to point out the flaws in his arguments as well. (Albeit it in quite a crude way but clearly that's only to be expected).

Interesting. I didn't see it that way, instead that they made fun of everything because they cared for nothing. How does showing Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins as in league with the terrorists prove anything? As you said, crude, especially with the tsnami and all. Anyway, they left Dustin Hoffman out of it, which shows either a strange respect, or simple stupidity, seeing as he was one of the most outspoken about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:23 pm 
Ist Krieg

Sir Wanksalot wrote:
Napoleon Dynamite. Possibly the best film ever created.

"Bow to your sensei!"

Uncle Rico OWNS all!!

I hated that movie the first time I saw it, then I saw it again and laughed my ass off. Too bad it became a fad to like that movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:20 pm 
Metal King

zadsterboombox wrote:
Astaroth wrote:
I watched "the Rock" the other day.. i simply hate Nicolas Cage and all his "... i'm gonna prove to you that God exist" crap (Con air)... he's also an idiot in the Rock.. but what makes the movie somewhat enjoyable is Sean Connery.. he's always so damn cool, i think :P

Agreed, The Rock is great becuase of Shir Shean. Not to mention Ed Harris being awesome as usual.

Yeeessscccchhhhh. Scccchheean Connnnaaarreeayyy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:33 am 
MetalReviews Staff

zadsterboombox wrote:
rio wrote:
zadsterboombox wrote:

Interesting. I didn't see it that way, instead that they made fun of everything because they cared for nothing. How does showing Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins as in league with the terrorists prove anything? As you said, crude, especially with the tsnami and all. Anyway, they left Dustin Hoffman out of it, which shows either a strange respect, or simple stupidity, seeing as he was one of the most outspoken about it.

Well, I'm not sure that anything at all was proved really... I suppose that, to me it seemed like a lot of stars were jumping on the anti-war bandwagon as if it were the latest celebrity accessory. So I think they were just making fun of people who chose sides without really considering both sides of the coin. These people were so desperate to be anti-war, that they just leapt in on the terrorists side, failing to see that there were deep faults there as well. Well this may be horrible over-analysis... It is a long time since I saw it and I can't remember it that well.

Alternatively: Perhaps they are just making fun of the pro-war people that automatically assume that, because someone is against the "war on terror", they must be pro-terrorist. So having Tim Robbins as a terrorist is a sarcastic comment on that type of attitude?

Plus, with the whole F.A.G. thing, I think they were ridiculing the attitude that hawks had towards anti-war people. That whole "anyone not supporting the war is a pussy fag" type of thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:49 am 
PyroMan wrote:
11:14

Great thriller such as Memento or The Butterfly Effect..

Don't ever equate "The Butterfly Effect" with "Memento" ever again, or I'll fucking kill you, I swear to God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:40 am 
Einherjar

metalNESS wrote:
Sir Wanksalot wrote:

"Bow to your sensei!"

Uncle Rico OWNS all!!

I hated that movie the first time I saw it, then I saw it again and laughed my ass off. Too bad it became a fad to like that movie.

Too bad that movie has no real depth of character or lasting appeal, and sucks utter balls.

I mean, if the movie didn't suck so much, it would be pure awesomeness!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:43 am 
Ist Krieg

Dead Machine wrote:
metalNESS wrote:
Sir Wanksalot wrote:

"Bow to your sensei!"

Uncle Rico OWNS all!!

Too bad that movie has no real depth of character or lasting appeal, and sucks utter balls.

I mean, if the movie didn't suck so much, it would be pure awesomeness!

Kind of like saying "If that chick wasn't so ugly, she'd be HOT!!"

I don't know, I'm a big fan of pointless stupid humor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:50 am 
Einherjar

metalNESS wrote:

As am I... but I like films with substance.

There's no substance whatsoever to ND. That's why it's popular. What you see is what you get, caveat emptor, no refunds, get off my property before I shoot you in the face, et cetera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:59 am 
Ist Krieg

Dead Machine wrote:
metalNESS wrote:

As am I... but I like films with substance.

There's no substance whatsoever to ND. That's why it's popular. What you see is what you get, caveat emptor, no refunds, get off my property before I shoot you in the face, et cetera.

I think you just have to be able to laugh at people and yourself (myself). It’s healthy. You can't tell me that when Uncle Rico was "secretly" checking out his biceps you didn't laugh a little. Or the fact that he is playing football by himself while video taping it. And how he is throwing the football, what the hell? Very funny stuff. I could name a bunch more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:34 am 
Ist Krieg

ND was funny until I heard "Your mom goes to college" one too many times... And millions more times after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:09 am 
Einherjar

metalNESS wrote:
I think you just have to be able to laugh at people and yourself (myself). It’s healthy. You can't tell me that when Uncle Rico was "secretly" checking out his biceps you didn't laugh a little. Or the fact that he is playing football by himself while video taping it. And how he is throwing the football, what the hell? Very funny stuff. I could name a bunch more.

Oh my god, so hilarious! Man, fucking HEY ARNOLD did that in 1997.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:07 am 
Metal King

Jaden wrote:
PyroMan wrote:

Don't ever equate "The Butterfly Effect" with "Memento" ever again, or I'll fucking kill you, I swear to God.

The Butterfly Effect and Memento are two very good movies.

Don't swear something to God if you can't accomplish it you prick.Being overly excited on the net doesn't speak good for you, but I really want to see how you do the "killing" part.
You don't like TBE, fine, don't express it with such idiotic comment.

If you were joking, then at least put an emoticon next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:15 am 
PyroMan wrote:
Jaden wrote:
PyroMan wrote:

Don't swear something to God if you can't accomplish it you prick.Being overly excited on the net doesn't speak good for you, but I really want to see how you do the "killing" part.

1. 'The Butterfly Effect' is NOT good.

2. I'll swear to God all I please.

3. I would stab you in the throat.

4. Fuck emoticons, you AOL pansy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:32 am 
Metal King

Jaden wrote:
PyroMan wrote:
Jaden wrote:
PyroMan wrote:

Better, but still number 3 makes you a complete idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:52 am 
Metal King

My 2 cent:

1. I saw Napoleon Dynamite two days ago because a friend really wanted to see it and...well, it didn't suck, but it was definitely not a good film.

2. The Butterfly Effect is a great film.

3. Team America rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:27 pm 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

i liked The Butterfly Effect, imo it's a great movie.

anyways, my stepmum wants to go to the movies, which of these is coolest?
-zorro
-lord of war

i wanna watch LoW, but it might be too "violent" for my aunt's tastes. the "worst" she's seen with me is after the sunset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:45 pm 
Metal King

Jaden wrote:
PyroMan wrote:
Jaden wrote:
PyroMan wrote:

So much emotions. Jaden you need to chill babe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:33 pm 
Metal King

Today I had the urge to watch again Starship Troopers.One of my fav. sci-fi movies.Space marines, big guns, plenty of guts spilled and lots of bugs to kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:38 pm 
Einherjar

PyroMan wrote:
Today I had the urge to watch again Starship Troopers.One of my fav. sci-fi movies.Space marines, big guns, plenty of guts spilled and lots of bugs to kill.

HAIL!! Exactly, what else would an entertaining movie reguire?

I'm gonna watch Two Towers tonight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 544  Next