Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 544  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:24 am 
Einherjar

Napoleon Dynamite. Possibly the best film ever created.

"Bow to your sensei!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:50 am 
Metal Lord

Sir Wanksalot wrote:
Napoleon Dynamite. Possibly the best film ever created.

"Bow to your sensei!"

Fucking hate that movie! I just watched The Devils Rejects tonight, although I expected more of a gore movie I was still satisfied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:09 am 
Kontroll 4/4

Fucking rent it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:39 am 
Metal King

11:14

Great thriller such as Memento or The Butterfly Effect.Highly recommended for anyone who likes intricate stories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:44 am 
Metal King

PyroMan wrote:

Great thriller such as Memento or The Butterfly Effect.Highly recommended for anyone who likes intricate stories.

Then I'm sure I will like it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:53 am 
Metal King

The Silent Man wrote:
PyroMan wrote:
Cowboy Bebop - Knockin' On Heavens Door.
After watching the series i just had to watch this too.The best anime ever (series included).

I'm going to have to completely disagree with you there. The movie was awful and the series was worse. Maybe because I've only seen it in english. It happens alot. Naruto and One Piece, both new series in North America are awwwfuulll, but I have been watching both for over 2 years now on japanese fansubs and both shows are very entertaining and just plain great. I also dont like the animation in CB.

Well i don't know, I try to watch a lot of animes and CB in particular is one of the best i've seen along with Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.I'm still on the look-out for others so if you have any recommendations, just not any school life or love-romance stories.There are plenty of those and they all suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:58 am 
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride, awesome !!!
Terry Gilliam's The Brothers Grimm , not bad
Rob Reiner's Princess Bride, great !
Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill vol.2 ...well, I'm sort of a Tarantino's fan boy so... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:02 am 
Metal King

PyroMan wrote:
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Do you mean the movie at about one and a half hour?
It's awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:19 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

T.I.E. wrote:
Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill vol.2 ...well, I'm sort of a Tarantino's fan boy so... :roll:

Dude have you seen La Haine? Seems to be a very appropriate film to watch again given recent events... One of my favourites

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:22 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Recently watched "Baise-Moi"... Thought it was kind of pointless, to be honest. Although it did make me wonder: That film could have had a totally different tone and perspective if the protagonists were male. Interesting gender issues. I wonder if this was intended?

But anyway, only 4/10 for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:29 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

T.I.E. wrote:

The Kill Bill films were disappointing for me, vol.2 especially. Not that I have anything against ninja swords, but...

@Rio: "Team America" didn't make fun of all possible targets. What about the actors on Bush's side, Chuck Norris and co, and Bruce Willis phoning the White House to join the army? Surely great material, and yet... bleh.

Pyroman wrote:

Don't you dare mention Memento in the same sentence as The Butterfly Effect. One was awesome, one was a Donnie Darko rip-off with possible the actor I hate above all others in it. Ashton kutcher, your time is limited. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:33 pm 
Metal King

zadsterboombox wrote:
Pyroman wrote:

Don't you dare mention Memento in the same sentence as The Butterfly Effect. One was awesome, one was a Donnie Darko rip-off with possible the actor I hate above all others in it. Ashton kutcher, your time is limited. :evil:

Now you mentioned those two films in the same sentence :P

Ashton did alright, but Memento is far superior than The Butterfly Effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:58 pm 
rio wrote:
T.I.E. wrote:

Dude have you seen La Haine? Seems to be a very appropriate film to watch again given recent events... One of my favourites

yes I did ! and it's indeed pretty close to what's happening now.... another one you should try in the same kind is Jean-François Richer's "Ma 6T va cracker",,,

I give La Haine 8/10
Ma 6T va cracker 6/10
Baise-moi 2/10 (pointless indeed)

try also to find your way to "Seul Contre Tous" which is a powerful and disturbing movie (as about anything Gaspard Noé ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637615/ ) , the director, did)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:02 pm 
Einherjar

Jaden wrote:
I think it's very good. It's just a lot more subtle than most of his work, which isn't a bad thing.

I would agree with you if you replaced the word 'subtle' in your second sentence with the word 'overwrought.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:07 pm 
Metal King

Zeth wrote:
PyroMan wrote:
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Do you mean the movie at about one and a half hour?
It's awesome.

Yeap, the movie allright.Awesome stuff.And Borgoff reminds me so much of Jet from CB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:11 pm 
Metal King

zadsterboombox wrote:

Pyroman wrote:

I'm not a big fan of Ashton Kutcher myself, but i think he did admirable job in that movie.Memento owns it though.
How about Memento and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind in one sentence ? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:15 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

PyroMan wrote:

I'm not a big fan of Ashton Kutcher myself, but i think he did admirable job in that movie.Memento owns it though.
How about Memento and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind in one sentence ? :)

ESOTSM I liked, but without Kate Winslet, Carey would've been as shit as he is in his other films. She made him look good, which is quite the achievement.

Still not as good as Memento, though. Now, if you'd have said Se7en... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:20 pm 
I watched "the Rock" the other day.. i simply hate Nicolas Cage and all his "... i'm gonna prove to you that God exist" crap (Con air)... he's also an idiot in the Rock.. but what makes the movie somewhat enjoyable is Sean Connery.. he's always so damn cool, i think :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:23 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Astaroth wrote:
I watched "the Rock" the other day.. i simply hate Nicolas Cage and all his "... i'm gonna prove to you that God exist" crap (Con air)... he's also an idiot in the Rock.. but what makes the movie somewhat enjoyable is Sean Connery.. he's always so damn cool, i think :P

Agreed, The Rock is great becuase of Shir Shean. Not to mention Ed Harris being awesome as usual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:37 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

T.I.E. wrote:
rio wrote:
T.I.E. wrote:

yes I did ! and it's indeed pretty close to what's happening now.... another one you should try in the same kind is Jean-François Richer's "Ma 6T va cracker",,,

I give La Haine 8/10
Ma 6T va cracker 6/10
Baise-moi 2/10 (pointless indeed)

try also to find your way to "Seul Contre Tous" which is a powerful and disturbing movie (as about anything Gaspard Noé ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637615/ ) , the director, did)

Cheers man I shall look out for these... :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 544  Next