Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 pm

Post subject: Hello COVID19, we hardly knew ya...
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:33 pm 
Ist Krieg

Remember social distancing?

Fucking clown world we're living in...

:lol:

Post subject: Re: Hello COVID19, we hardly knew ya...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:43 am 
Ist Krieg

people watch "Joker" one too many times and now want to re-enact it. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:01 pm 
Ist Krieg

I think the quarantine and the past week's chaos are related. People were tired of being restricted to their houses and being banned from gathering and that came out in a big way. In Europe now too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:31 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Not at all to diminish or make fun of the death of someone who plainly should not have died, but all these idiots out there chanting "I can't breathe!" whilst we're in the midst of a pandemic that affects the respiratory system is too ironic for words.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:00 pm 
Ist Krieg

It's outta hand, no joke.
It's not even about that dude that got (unrightly) choked out anymore.

Still waiting for a sign that we aren't a ship without a Capt, but I strongly suspect we are on our own.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:18 am 
Ist Krieg

When does it end? And more importantly when the next police incident happens, which is bound to happen in a country of this size, does it start again?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:41 am 
Ist Krieg

North From Here wrote:
When does it end? And more importantly when the next police incident happens, which is bound to happen in a country of this size, does it start again?

My suspicion is once it hits the 'burbs.
That's where all the real firepower is (especially in places like my area which is straight up MAGA country) and also where military and LEO's live. With their families and property.
It's one thing to let these scum destroy and kill their own areas, it's gonna be a whole other ballgame once we start seeing Karen and her lil sprogs being beaten or worse on their nicely manicured lawns while their house burns in the background
That's when we will actually see something very, very ugly. And thats' when it will be stopped.

I doubt these cretins are dumb enough to get sucked into a literal suburban death maze, but who knows?
They're not exactly Jeopardy! contestant material.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:23 pm 
Ist Krieg

cry of the banshee wrote:
North From Here wrote:

That's where all the real firepower is (especially in places like my area which is straight up MAGA country) and also where military and LEO's live. With their families and property.
It's one thing to let these scum destroy and kill their own areas, it's gonna be a whole other ballgame once we start seeing Karen and her lil sprogs being beaten or worse on their nicely manicured lawns while their house burns in the background
That's when we will actually see something very, very ugly. And thats' when it will be stopped.

I doubt these cretins are dumb enough to get sucked into a literal suburban death maze, but who knows?

I don't think it will ever seriously get to the suburbs, beyond some inner rings ones like in NY and Chicago already targeted, because they know it won't go over well. Also this poll speaks to people wearing out enthusiasm for the protests: 58% support calling in the military to support police vs. only 30% oppose. https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1267852145996505097

So my bigger concern is when does this happen again since cop related incidents are going to happen all the time in a country of this size. George Floyd's brother was begging people to stop yesterday, clearly not many people listened.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:38 am 
Ist Krieg

North From Here wrote:
North From Here wrote:

I don't think it will ever seriously get to the suburbs, beyond some inner rings ones like in NY and Chicago already targeted, because they know it won't go over well. Also this poll speaks to people wearing out enthusiasm for the protests: 58% support calling in the military to support police vs. only 30% oppose. https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1267852145996505097

So my bigger concern is when does this happen again since cop related incidents are going to happen all the time in a country of this size. George Floyd's brother was begging people to stop yesterday, clearly not many people listened.

I agree that it will most likely not hit the suburbs on a large scale.

If this isn't squashed one way or the other, nothing will change. I already see the same old appeasement and excuses being made.
It's sickening.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:11 am 
Einherjar

Nine out of 13 Minneapolis City Council members announce their intent to disband the city's police department.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-announces-intent-to-radically-change-police-department/
Quote:
Concrete details about how to do the work of dismantling MPD were less defined, although council member Philippe Cunningham said the upcoming budget is a great place to start.

"We're not going to tomorrow all the sudden have nobody for you to call for help. There will be thoughtful and intentional work that's done, research engagement, learning that happens in a transition that will happen over time," Cunningham said.

Many people have asked, in this visionary future with no police, "Who do you call when there's no 911?" One of the speakers on Sunday said it would be family and neighbors.

RIP Minneapolis. She was a good old boat. Now, she's the Titantic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:49 am 
Ist Krieg

Thrash til' Deth wrote:
Nine out of 13 Minneapolis City Council members announce their intent to disband the city's police department.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-announces-intent-to-radically-change-police-department/
Quote:
Concrete details about how to do the work of dismantling MPD were less defined, although council member Philippe Cunningham said the upcoming budget is a great place to start.

"We're not going to tomorrow all the sudden have nobody for you to call for help. There will be thoughtful and intentional work that's done, research engagement, learning that happens in a transition that will happen over time," Cunningham said.

Many people have asked, in this visionary future with no police, "Who do you call when there's no 911?" One of the speakers on Sunday said it would be family and neighbors.

RIP Minneapolis. She was a good old boat. Now, she's the Titantic.

Like I said: fucking clown world. My wife and I are very very seriously considering selling everything and heading to the deep woods. We're already in a very small semi-rural town in the Sierra Nevada foothills, but this country has lost it's fucking mind. I want no part of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:03 am 
Ist Krieg

https://wbbm780.radio.com/articles/mayo ... syndicated

Quote:
(WBBM) Mayor Lightfoot said she’s hopeful major retailers will reopen the Chicago stores that were looted or otherwise damaged during protests surrounding George Floyd’s killing by police in Minnesota. But, she’s unsure of one of the biggest.
Mayor Lightfoot said she was on a conference call with Walmart and other major retailers that had stores looted or heavily damaged during the unrest in Chicago. She said she pleaded with them to not abandon Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:11 am 
Ist Krieg

Am I the only one that sees the irony of deleting the first black actress to win an AA in a major role over this BLM nonsense?

Quote:
Hattie McDaniel (June 10, 1893 – October 26, 1952) was an American actress, singer-songwriter, and comedian. She is best known for her role as "Mammy” in Gone with the Wind (1939), for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, becoming the first African American to win an Oscar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hattie_McDaniel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:07 am 
Ist Krieg

Am I the only one that sees the irony of deleting the first black actress to win an AA in a major role over this BLM nonsense?

Quote:
Hattie McDaniel (June 10, 1893 – October 26, 1952) was an American actress, singer-songwriter, and comedian. She is best known for her role as "Mammy” in Gone with the Wind (1939), for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, becoming the first African American to win an Oscar.

I'm not a fan of deleting history, and it is particularly strange that they would delete this woman's story. Why not keep the movie on HBO and do a feature on McDaniel's life and and career instead? Seems like a much more productive way to approach the issue. Instead they created a pro-Gone With the Wind backlash :lol: as Gone With the Wind just hit #1 on the best sellers chart. https://variety.com/2020/digital/uncategorized/gone-with-the-wind-amazon-best-seller-hbo-max-1234630577/

Same thing happened in the (pop)country music world when Lady Antebellum just changed their name to Lady A., which of course became a huge story instantly with a lot of people wondering why they were named that in the first place. If they just stayed quiet during the current cultural zeitgeist their name would have been ignored.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:44 am 
MetalReviews Staff

North From Here wrote:
Same thing happened in the (pop)country music world when Lady Antebellum just changed their name to Lady A., which of course became a huge story instantly with a lot of people wondering why they were named that in the first place. If they just stayed quiet during the current cultural zeitgeist their name would have been ignored.

The Dixie Chicks will be next! Strange times.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:23 pm 
Ist Krieg

North From Here wrote:

Quote:

I'm not a fan of deleting history, and it is particularly strange that they would delete this woman's story. Why not keep the movie on HBO and do a feature on McDaniel's life and and career instead? Seems like a much more productive way to approach the issue. Instead they created a pro-Gone With the Wind backlash :lol: as Gone With the Wind just hit #1 on the best sellers chart. https://variety.com/2020/digital/uncategorized/gone-with-the-wind-amazon-best-seller-hbo-max-1234630577/

I expect no less from this troupe of monkey brain degenerates.
Like I said, not exactly Jeopardy contestant material. Hell, not even Wheel of Fortune material.

Speaking of backlashes. I can't wait until this pendulum swings back. It's gonna be painful, but well deserved.

Last edited by cry of the banshee on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:23 pm 
Ist Krieg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KafIdOk8bLs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:03 pm 
Ist Krieg

Gaffe or troll job?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:48 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

This is just delicious:

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/l ... s-1013919/

Quote:
Lady Antebellum Is Now ‘Lady A.’ But So Is a Blues Singer Who’s Used the Name for 20 Years

“This is my life. They’re using the name because of a Black Lives Matter incident that, for them, is just a moment in time,” says the original Lady A, a 61-year-old black singer who’s released multiple records under the name

Appeasement never works.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:55 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
This is just delicious:

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/l ... s-1013919/

Quote:
Lady Antebellum Is Now ‘Lady A.’ But So Is a Blues Singer Who’s Used the Name for 20 Years

“This is my life. They’re using the name because of a Black Lives Matter incident that, for them, is just a moment in time,” says the original Lady A, a 61-year-old black singer who’s released multiple records under the name

Appeasement never works.

Well, since they have bent over and grabbed their ankles, I think we can fairly deduce what the A stands for now.

You're 100% correct about appeasement never working. In fact, it only makes things worse.