Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 861, 862, 863, 864, 865, 866  Next   
 Post subject: Re: How do you feel today ?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:47 am 
Ist Krieg

I think we are discussing different footballs.

huskerc7 wrote:
Been feeling pretty good. Football is back on so that's something I enjoy that I can watch.

Who is your team husker?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:50 am 
Ist Krieg

North From Here wrote:

huskerc7 wrote:
Been feeling pretty good. Football is back on so that's something I enjoy that I can watch.

Who is your team husker?

The Nebraska Cornhuskers. In Pro I cheer for the Arizona Cardinals, but I'm more of a college guy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:03 am 
Ist Krieg

huskerc7 wrote:
North From Here wrote:

huskerc7 wrote:

Who is your team husker?

The Nebraska Cornhuskers. In Pro I cheer for the Arizona Cardinals, but I'm more of a college guy.

I'm all about me some Ohio State. It's the result of growing up in proximity to the Cincinnati Bengals during the 90s.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:10 am 
Ist Krieg

traptunderice wrote:
I'm all about me some Ohio State. It's the result of growing up in proximity to the Cincinnati Bengals during the 90s.

I lived in Ohio for 3 years in the 90's. My mom is from there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:51 am 
Ist Krieg

huskerc7 wrote:
traptunderice wrote:

My undergrad alma mater is Penn State. So you guys enjoy Ohio State and Nebraska football all you want, after the Sandusky scandal and cover up, I actively root against Penn State football, and wish they had eliminated the program.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:01 am 
Ist Krieg

North From Here wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:
traptunderice wrote:

My undergrad alma mater is Penn State. So you guys enjoy Ohio State and Nebraska football all you want, after the Sandusky scandal and cover up, I actively root against Penn State football, and wish they had eliminated the program.

Yeah, that was some shit after the great (but now tarnished) career Joe Paterno had.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:08 am 
Ist Krieg

huskerc7 wrote:
Yeah, that was some shit after the great (but now tarnished) career Joe Paterno had.

I read the whole report on it. Very, very, disturbing stuff. I can only hope that in future situations people will act against rather than cover up behavior like that, if for no other reason than to avoid a similar scandal.

Anyway, Nebraska and Ohio State playing each other this year? How the heck does Nebraska lose to BYU? Figure the league comes down to Ohio State and Michigan State. I can't stand these massive conferences now, prevents every team from playing every other team in the conference.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:18 am 
Ist Krieg

North From Here wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:

I read the whole report on it. Very, very, disturbing stuff. I can only hope that in future situations people will act against rather than cover up behavior like that, if for no other reason than to avoid a similar scandal.

Anyway, Nebraska and Ohio State playing each other this year? How the heck does Nebraska lose to BYU? Figure the league comes down to Ohio State and Michigan State. I can't stand these massive conferences now, prevents every team from playing every other team in the conference.

Nebraska won't play Ohio St. unless Nebraska wins it's division and and Ohio St. wins theirs.

BYU generally has a pretty good team but we lost on a hail mary. Just didn't play good defense on the last play. Don't remind me of it. Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:30 am 
Einherjar

North From Here wrote:

Yes that's a given. You're talking gridiron I assume, for all intents and purposes rugby played with pads and helmets, whereas the football code I refer to is Australian Rules - a greater spectacle in my opinion but of course I am biased.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:51 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Neither being the One Trve Football, of course, but hey. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:09 am 
Einherjar

Maybe if the conventional game of football were more interesting we would talk about it. Personally though I'm accustomed to a high paced, attractive, and high-scoring game. One where 15 goals is a team's average score not season tally. That's my kind of football. Also what's with free kicks being payed against a player making physical contact? Only happens in my code for a hit over the shoulders or below the knees.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:48 am 
Ist Krieg

RelentlessOblivion wrote:
Maybe if the conventional game of football were more interesting we would talk about it. Personally though I'm accustomed to a high paced, attractive, and high-scoring game. One where 15 goals is a team's average score not season tally. That's my kind of football. Also what's with free kicks being payed against a player making physical contact? Only happens in my code for a hit over the shoulders or below the knees.

Yes. Perfect.

Gotta second adjunct position lined up at some for profit university this year. Really looking forward to teaching business majors about how awful business practices are in their required business ethics course.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:21 am 
Einherjar

Well almost perfect at any rate. To misspell the word "paid" is unacceptable regardless of my beyond exhausted state at the time. I could happily discuss the merits of Australian rules ad nauseam but it is unlikely I would convert you yanks to a code so complex and, I assume, one which is not televised in the United States.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:10 pm 
Ist Krieg

Well almost perfect at any rate. To misspell the word "paid" is unacceptable regardless of my beyond exhausted state at the time. I could happily discuss the merits of Australian rules ad nauseam but it is unlikely I would convert you yanks to a code so complex and, I assume, one which is not televised in the United States.

Yeah, like all I know is Australian rules amount to some form of brutal tribal combat being channeled into a sport. More power to you if you enjoy it, I can respect a lot of sports without caring for them, like cricket, but from the explanation I received from a kiwi friend y'all are fucking crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:32 pm 
Einherjar

North From Here wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:
traptunderice wrote:

Probably the most disturbing part of the entire Sandusky case is the number of fans who immediately rallied behind JoePa and the program while totally discounting the gravity of the crimes and the impact it had on the victims. Fucking disgraceful.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:14 pm 
Ist Krieg

Thrash til' Deth wrote:
Probably the most disturbing part of the entire Sandusky case is the number of fans who immediately rallied behind JoePa and the program while totally discounting the gravity of the crimes and the impact it had on the victims. Fucking disgraceful.

Yes, I still live in the state and sometimes the conversation turns to the football program and many people talk about the 'injustices' it has suffered. I generally let those comments go (because it basically like arguing with members of a cult), but still managed to get into trouble a few times.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:34 am 
Einherjar

traptunderice wrote:

Yeah, like all I know is Australian rules amount to some form of brutal tribal combat being channeled into a sport. More power to you if you enjoy it, I can respect a lot of sports without caring for them, like cricket, but from the explanation I received from a kiwi friend y'all are fucking crazy.

HA! A kiwi talking about sporting savagery? Actually the game isn't quite as brutal as it once was and there's always been a certain amount of skill involved.

Don't get me wrong there's plenty of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY60igAB-LQ

But also great skill which allows players to do things like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpYbn1bLg6I

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:42 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

visited Bristol this weekend. shocked at how nice it was.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:58 am 
Einherjar

Hmm well considering the girl I'd been dating for over a year basically dumped me out of the blue not fifteen minutes ago I'm feeling strangely good. My Morbid Angel t-shirt arrived today, I finished writing my workout plan for the week, created a new playlist to go with it, got Nile's Cast Down The Heretic mostly down pat though not at their speed, and have just about finished repairing all the broken youtube embeds on my other forum (where I'm one of three newly appointed moderators). All in all life is pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:44 pm 
Einherjar

I kind of feel like my legs might fall off. I kid but good grief are they sore. I guess the equivalent of nearly 400 kilometers of cycling in 4 days will do that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 861, 862, 863, 864, 865, 866  Next