It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:44 pm

are slipknot any good?
yes 26%  26%  [ 5 ]
no 74%  74%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 19
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:29 pm 
Karma Whore

emokid, youve gotta admit that they they arent nu-crap any more, if they were it would have been full of swearing and havent 2 acoustic songs on an album doesnt make you popular with mallcore kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:34 pm 
metalhead wrote:
emokid, youve gotta admit that they they arent nu-crap any more, if they were it would have been full of swearing and havent 2 acoustic songs on an album doesnt make you popular with mallcore kids

having acoustic songs never made an album any better... the songs have to be good too which is, sadly, not the case here... as for the classification of this album I would still say nu-metal certainly not as crappy as their previous stuff but far from excellence... if ou want quality, try the last Machine Head album it's like Slipknot meets thrash with fairly good songs which Vol.3 cruelly lacks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:36 pm 
Karma Whore

machine head-do you mean erm...through the ashes of empires?
ive got the burning red and burn my eyes, but the burning red is crappy-burn my eyes is a classic though! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:39 pm 
yeah, that's it... "through the ashes of empires"...

very close to their 1rst.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:40 pm 
Karma Whore

cool, ill probably get that soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:11 am 
metalhead wrote:

No it makes the CD radio friendly, and it does make it popular with mallcore kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:48 am 
Metal Fighter

slipknot sux. nuff said.

what else is there to say about a band who has a truckload of members on stage yet only manages to produce sound more akin to a five year old banging on kitchenware?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:14 am 
MetalReviews Staff

metalhead wrote:

Hum, if it has acoustic songs then that doesn't mean it's good instantly, I have heard the album and it fucking sucks, it's total mallcore. Have you ever realized that all commercial pop and rock albums that are generally heavy have one or two relaxing songs that function as the second hit after the one "strong" song on the album, to attract the fags that don't like the heavy music?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:20 am 
Gast1 wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Hum, if it has acoustic songs then that doesn't mean it's good instantly, I have heard the album and it fucking sucks, it's total mallcore. Have you ever realized that all commercial pop and rock albums that are generally heavy have one or two relaxing songs that function as the second hit after the one "strong" song on the album, to attract the fags that don't like the heavy music?

you are very right my friend ! :D this is a commercial formula not a proof of quality ! fvck Slpknt ! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:59 pm 
Sailor Man

Yes indeed, but Iowa was cvery "brutal" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:25 pm 
Karma Whore

i agree with eveyone when i say that slipknot are still pretty radio-friendly, but this album was a step in the right direction to becoming a good band, and the album has 2 songs i really enjoy-pulse of the maggots and opium of the people-killer songs! :wink: